Modularity Features and Benefits:
The Cisco 2900 Series provides significantly enhanced modular capabilities offering investment protection for customers. Taking advantage of common interface cards across a network greatly reduces the complexity of managing inventory requirements, implementing large network rollouts, and maintaining configurations across a variety of branch-office sizes.
Cisco Service Module
• Each service module slot offers high-data-throughput capability:
• Up to 4 Gbps aggregate toward the route processor.
• Up to 2 Gbps aggregate to other module slots over MGF.
• Service module (SM) slots are highly flexible with support for double-wide service modules (SM-Ds), which are Service Modules that require two SM slots. SM-Ds in the Cisco 2921 and 2951 provide flexibility for higher-density modules.
• A service module slot replaces the network module and the extension module for voice/fax (EVM) slots and is offered on Cisco 2911, 2921, and 2951 ISRs.
• An adapter module enables backward compatibility with existing network modules, enhanced network modules (NMEs), and EVMs.
• Service module slots provide twice the power capabilities relative to the network-module slots, allowing for flexibility for higher-scale and better-performance modules.
• Power to service module slots can be managed by extensions similar to the Cisco EnergyWise framework, so your organization can reduce energy consumption in your network infrastructure. Full EnergyWise support will be available in future software releases.
Cisco Enhanced High-Speed WAN Interface Card (EHWIC)
• The EHWIC slot provides enhancements to the prior generation's high-speed WAN interface card (HWIC) slots while provide maximum investment protection by natively supporting HWICs, WAN interface cards (WICs), voice interface cards (VICs), and voice/WAN interface cards (VWICs).
• Four integrated EHWIC slots on the Cisco 2901, 2911, 2921, and 2951 allow for more flexible configurations.
• Each HWIC slot offers high-data-throughput capability:
• Up to 1.6 Gbps aggregate toward the route processor.
• Up to 2 Gbps aggregate to other module slots over the MGF.
• Flexibility to support double-wide modules is enabled by combining two EHWIC slots. Up to 2 doublewide HWIC (HWIC-D) modules are supported.
Cisco High-Density Packet Voice Digital Signal Processor (DSP) Module (PVDM3) Slots on Motherboard
• PVDM3 slots natively support PVDM3 modules, providing support for richer density for rich-media voice and video.
• Each PVDM3 slot connects back to the system architecture through a 2 Gbps aggregate link through the MGF.
• Investment protection for PVDM2 modules is supported through an adapter module.
• Power to the PVDM slots can be managed by extensions similar to the Cisco EnergyWise framework, so your organization can reduce energy consumption in your network infrastructure. Full EnergyWise support will be available in future software releases.
Cisco 2921 Integrated Services Router (ISR) delivers highly secure data, voice, video, and application services for small offices.
Cisco 2900 series offer unparalleled total cost of ownership savings and network agility through the intelligent integration of market leading security, unified communications, wireless, and application services.The Cisco 2900 series ISRs offer embedded hardware encryption acceleration, voice- and video-capable digital signal processor (DSP) slots, optional firewall, intrusion prevention, call processing, voicemail, and application services. In addition, the platforms support the industries widest range of wired and wireless connectivity options such as T1/E1, xDSL, copper and fiber GE.
|Cisco 2921 Router Details|
|Manufacturer||Cisco Systems, Inc|
|Manufacturer Part Number||CISCO2921/K9|
|Form Factor||External - modular - 2U|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||47 cm x 43.8 cm x 8.9 cm|
|DRAM Memory||512 MB (installed) / 2 GB (max)|
|Flash Memory||256 MB (installed) / 8 GB (max)|
|Routing Protocol||OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, EIGRP, DVMRP, PIM-SM, IGMPv3, GRE, PIM-SSM, static IPv4 routing, static IPv6 routing|
|Data Link Protocol||Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet|
|Remote Management Protocol||SNMP, RMON|
|Features||Cisco IOS IP Base , MPLS support, Syslog support, IPv6 support, Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ), Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED)|
|Compliant Standards||IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3ah, IEEE 802.1ah, IEEE 802.1ag|
|Power||AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )|
|The following is a list of delivery options and estimated delivery time which Router-switch.com offers:|
|Delivery Options||Estimated Delivery Time|
|DHL||2-4 business days|
|Fedex||2-4 business days|
|HongKong EMS||5-10 business days|
|HongKong Air Parcel||10-20 business days|
|By sea||10-20 business days|
By Conyers September 23, 2013
I've installed well over 100 of these routers, I can only identify one hardware failure in what amounts to several hundred uptime-years. Really excellent!
By Snuckykeery September 23, 2013
Hi, I need a router doing simple SNAT. There will be around 500 to 2000 users behind the device. What NAT performance can be expected? Btw, there will be no additional service running, so simple SNAT, no ACL, no firewall.
By STELLA July 26, 2011
Good Cisco 2900 router from you for our school. A 2900 is actually a switch. We probably have a dozen or so to support the 100-150 users. Great!
By saeed May 28, 2010
plz post more information for products
Router-Switch.com has been dedicated to supplying large collections of cisco routers for your home or office networking. Shopping CISCO2921/K9 router with high quality, quick shipping and free CCIE Support from our Cisco experts!
Find step-by-step tech guides to configure Cisco 2921 Router w/3 GE,4 EHWIC,3 DSP,1 SM,256MB CF,512MB DRAM,IPB for your needs.
Get a quote for CISCO2921/K9 by email: email@example.com, and start enjoying the professional sales service for solving the switch troubleshooting.
Q: Does this router Cisco 2921/K9 come with LAN port modules?
A: NO, as for 2921 it comes with no LAN port. But for routers more advanced than Cisco2901 support SM slots, you can chose SM, like SM-ES3G-16-P, support Layer2/3 ports can you use them as LAN ports.
Q: Are these2921/k9, 3945/k9 have the same IOS?
A: NO, they have the different part number but their features are similar.
Q: I've got a 2921 used to connect to physical sites over a WAN connection (BT Fibre). I was wondering if someone can tell me (or point me to) what speeds the 2921 can support in terms of throughput. We do dynamic routing but we don't so any encryption or NAT.
A: www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf It says 2921 can support 245.76 mbps
Q: I purchased brand new router from Cisco 2921 also I purchased an SFP-Transceiver (GLC-SX MM) along with this Router. However the Router does not Supporting SFP Transceiver. Currently the Router is having Universal IOS: “c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-3.T1.bin”. Kindly provide the IOS i woud like to use. Is the same is IOS compatibility, thanks.
A: MAJOR untested bug in IOS 15.0(1) M3 which was the default image when we bought the devices *** AVOID IOS 15.0 series *** There are several bugs related to SFPs like: Does does recognize SFP does not recognize some EHWIC cards such as, but not limited to EHWIC 1GE-SFP-CU.