Modularity Features and Benefits:
The Cisco 2900 Series provides significantly enhanced modular capabilities offering investment protection for customers. Taking advantage of common interface cards across a network greatly reduces the complexity of managing inventory requirements, implementing large network rollouts, and maintaining configurations across a variety of branch-office sizes.
Cisco Service Module
• Each service module slot offers high-data-throughput capability:
• Up to 4 Gbps aggregate toward the route processor.
• Up to 2 Gbps aggregate to other module slots over MGF.
• Service module (SM) slots are highly flexible with support for double-wide service modules (SM-Ds), which are Service Modules that require two SM slots. SM-Ds in the Cisco 2921 and 2951 provide flexibility for higher-density modules.
• A service module slot replaces the network module and the extension module for voice/fax (EVM) slots and is offered on Cisco 2911, 2921, and 2951 ISRs.
• An adapter module enables backward compatibility with existing network modules, enhanced network modules (NMEs), and EVMs.
• Service module slots provide twice the power capabilities relative to the network-module slots, allowing for flexibility for higher-scale and better-performance modules.
• Power to service module slots can be managed by extensions similar to the Cisco EnergyWise framework, so your organization can reduce energy consumption in your network infrastructure. Full EnergyWise support will be available in future software releases.
Cisco Enhanced High-Speed WAN Interface Card (EHWIC)
• The EHWIC slot provides enhancements to the prior generation's high-speed WAN interface card (HWIC) slots while provide maximum investment protection by natively supporting HWICs, WAN interface cards (WICs), voice interface cards (VICs), and voice/WAN interface cards (VWICs).
• Four integrated EHWIC slots on the Cisco 2901, 2911, 2921, and 2951 allow for more flexible configurations.
• Each HWIC slot offers high-data-throughput capability:
• Up to 1.6 Gbps aggregate toward the route processor.
• Up to 2 Gbps aggregate to other module slots over the MGF.
• Flexibility to support double-wide modules is enabled by combining two EHWIC slots. Up to 2 doublewide HWIC (HWIC-D) modules are supported.
Cisco High-Density Packet Voice Digital Signal Processor (DSP) Module (PVDM3) Slots on Motherboard
• PVDM3 slots natively support PVDM3 modules, providing support for richer density for rich-media voice and video.
• Each PVDM3 slot connects back to the system architecture through a 2 Gbps aggregate link through the MGF.
• Investment protection for PVDM2 modules is supported through an adapter module.
• Power to the PVDM slots can be managed by extensions similar to the Cisco EnergyWise framework, so your organization can reduce energy consumption in your network infrastructure. Full EnergyWise support will be available in future software releases.
Cisco 2911 Integrated Services Router (ISR) delivers highly secure data, voice, video, and application service.
Cisco 2900 series offer unparalleled total cost of ownership savings and network agility through the intelligent integration of market leading security, unified communications, wireless, and application services.The Cisco 2900 series ISRs offer embedded hardware encryption acceleration, voice- and video-capable digital signal processor (DSP) slots, optional firewall, intrusion prevention, call processing, voicemail, and application services. In addition, the platforms support the industries widest range of wired and wireless connectivity options such as T1/E1, xDSL, copper and fiber GE.
|Cisco 2911 Router Details|
|Manufacturer||Cisco Systems, Inc|
|Manufacturer Part Number||CISCO2911/K9|
|Form Factor||External - modular - 2U|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||43.8 cm x 30.5 cm x 8.9 cm|
|DRAM Memory||512 MB (installed) / 2 GB (max)|
|Flash Memory||256 MB (installed) / 8 GB (max)|
|Routing Protocol||OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, EIGRP, DVMRP, PIM-SM, IGMPv3, GRE, PIM-SSM, static IPv4 routing, static IPv6 routing|
|Data Link Protocol||Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet|
|Remote Management Protocol||SNMP, RMON|
|Features||Cisco IOS IP Base , firewall protection, VPN support, MPLS support, Syslog support, IPv6 support, Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ), Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED)|
|Compliant Standards||IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3ah, IEEE 802.1ah, IEEE 802.1ag|
|Power||AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )|
|Manufacturer Warranty||90 days warranty|
|The following is a list of delivery options and estimated delivery time which Router-switch.com offers:|
|Delivery Options||Estimated Delivery Time|
|DHL||2-4 business days|
|Fedex||2-4 business days|
|HongKong EMS||5-10 business days|
|HongKong Air Parcel||10-20 business days|
|By sea||10-20 business days|
By Dhamodharan October 7, 2013
I currently integrate 5 of these in my topology. Feature rich and future proof.
By nubla September 24, 2013
Wow, Cisco 2911, a good substitute product, much faster than the Cisco 2811. I wanna know the latest discount of Cisco 2911/k9 on your website.
By shridhar February 9, 2013
Great cisco2911/k9 ! Got it with the affordable price, and more offers 3 onboard GE, 4 EHWIC slots, 2 DSP slots, 1 ISM slot, 256MB CF default , 512MB DRAM default and IP Base for the demands.
By mekdes May 12, 2012
i am looking cisco router 2011-k9DRAM Memory 2 GB Flash Memory 8 GB (max) pleas send me your good price and delivery date
By Marge November 25, 2011
I'll try to put this to good use immediaelty.
Router-Switch.com has been dedicated to supplying large collections of cisco routers for your home or office networking. Shopping CISCO2911/K9 router with high quality, quick shipping and free CCIE Support from our Cisco experts!
Find step-by-step tech guides to configure Cisco 2911 router w/3 GE,4 EHWIC,2 DSP,1 SM,256MB CF,512MB DRAM,IPB for your needs.
Get a quote for CISCO2911/K9 by email: [email protected], and start enjoying the professional sales service for solving the switch troubleshooting.
Q: What is L-FL-CME-SRST-25 function?
A: Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site TelephonySRST is a feature of Cisco IOS software that allows the IP phones at the remote site cannot contactthe central call manager can still supportbasic traffic handling capacity
Q: FL-CME-SRST-25 does this 25 means this license only supports 25 IP Phones?
A: NO, this number means Cisco Survivable Remote Sites.The number of Phones Supported is depended on the Router model.
For example: 2901 supports 35 IP Phones, 2911 supports 50.
Q: For an ISRG2 Cisco Routers HWIC Cards, are they limited by the respective number of supported HWIC slots or by the number of routed ports they will provide?
A: Yes, based on my research, a Cisco 2911 has four (4) HWIC slots, but it can only support two(2) HWIC-2FE or four(4) HWIC-SFP-CU. With HWIC-2FE, you can have a total of 7 Routed Ports, including the integrated routed ports of the Router and six (6) routed ports if you use four HWIC-SFP-CU.
Q: Looking at CISCO 2900 series data sheet, there is a sentence under "Benifits" The Cisco 2900 Series enables deployment in high speed WAN environments with concurrent services enabled up to 75 Mbps What does this mean? The interface is 1Gbps, why 2900 is only enabled up 75 Mbps?
A: That means the router running services (IE Zone-based firewall, NAT, NBAR, etc) can maintain 75Mb of traffic throughput. If you don't want to run any services, the throughput is more than 100Mb so a gig interface is necessary.
Q: I'm currently using a 2811 as our internet/BGP border router with receiving full routes, the current bandwidth is 15 meg and planning to upgrade to 30 meg. Will the current 2811 handle the bandwidth and the full BGP routes at the same time? I was thinking to ask our management to upgrade to at least a 2911 ISR G2 since the current router is old.
A: 2911 should be able to handle 30 Mbps. The main problem is the full BGP routing table. And this can alleviated if you load up the router "up to the eyebalss" with DRAM. Personally, I'd prefer something chunkier, like 3925/3925E, for future proofing.