The Cisco Third-generation 1-, 2-port and 4-port T1/E1 Multiflex Trunk Voice/WAN Interface (MFT VWIC3s) support data and voice applications on the Cisco 1921, 1941 and 1941W (data only), and the Cisco 2901, 2911, 2921, 2951, 3925, 3945, 3925E and 3945E Integrated Services Routers. The Cisco MFT VWIC3 combines WAN-interface-card (WIC) and voice-interface-card (VIC) functions to provide unparalleled flexibility, versatility, and investment protection through its many uses. Customers who choose to integrate data and voice in multiple steps preserve their investment in a T1/E1 WAN interface because the Cisco MFT VWIC3 cards can be reused in packet voice applications.The Cisco MFT VWIC3 interface cards add improvements over the Cisco Second-generation 1- and 2-port T1/E1 Multiflex Voice/WAN Interface Cards (MFT VWIC2s). The Cisco 2- and 4-port MFT VWIC3s enable each port to be clocked from an independent clock source for data applications. Voice applications can now be clocked independently from data applications, with all ports for voice applications clocked from a single source. The Cisco MFT VWIC3s use the ECAN on the motherboard PVDM cards with up to 128ms echo-tail length for demanding network conditions. MFT VWIC3 cards support up to 2 channel groups per T1/E1 port for serial data applications. Refer to Table 3 for all configuration options offered with the MFT VWIC3 cards.
The Cisco MFT VWIC3 cards can be inserted into the EHWIC slot on the supported Cisco 1921, 1941, 1941W, 2901, 2911, 2921, 2951, 3925, 3945, 3925E and 3945E integrated services routers. The T1/E1 MFT VWIC3 cards support both T1 and E1, providing additional flexibility in configuring the Cisco MFT VWIC3s for supporting T1, fractional T1, E1, and fractional E1 for both voice and WAN applications. All MFT VWIC3 modules include the drop-and-insert multiplexing capability, which eliminates costly external third-party channel service units/data service units (CSUs/DSUs) and drop-and-insert multiplexers.
The Cisco MFT VWIC3 cards are offered in single-, dual- and quadruple-port versions, which can be used and then redeployed as network requirements change, thereby addressing several applications:
- T1/E1 data: The Cisco 1-, 2- and 4-port T1/E1 MFT VWIC3 versions act as a WIC, supporting T1, fractional T1, E1, (including structured G.703 with G.704 framing), fractional E1, and E1structured G.703 applications. To simplify remote management, these MFT VWIC3 cards integrate a fully managed DSU/CSU for T1 deployments and a fully managed DSU for E1 deployments.
- E1/G.703 data: The Cisco 1- and 2- port G.703 MFT VWIC3 versions act as a WIC, supporting T1, fractional T1, E1 (including structured G.703 with G.704 framing), fractional E1, and unstructured E1 (G.703) applications. To simplify remote management, the G.703 version includes a fully managed DSU. The G.703 versions also support all the capabilities on the T1/E1 versions.
- T1/E1 packet voice: The Cisco 1-, 2- and 4-port T1/E1 MFT VWIC3 (voice and WAN) versions act as a VIC, supporting packet voice applications by providing T1, fractional T1, E1, and fractional E1 connections to private branch exchanges (PBXs) and central offices, thereby enabling new services and reducing voice and fax toll charges.
- Mixed data and packet voice: The Cisco MFT VWIC3 interface cards can simultaneously support both data and voice, reducing the complexity and number of network components and facilitating a graceful migration to bandwidth-efficient packet voice.
- Mixed data and packet voice with drop and insert: The Cisco MFT VWIC3 cards can be deployed as a T1/E1 drop-and-insert multiplexer with integrated DSUs/CSUs, reducing the complexity of the network and the cost of the central-office ports by efficiently combining time-division multiplexing (TDM) voice (PBX), IP voice, and data on the same trunks. Cisco 1900, 2900 and 3900 ISR routers support drop and insert between ports over a single MFT VWIC3 card and two ports over two different MFT VWIC3s
1-Port T1/E1 Multiflex Trunk Voice/WAN Interface Card
Number of Ports
Unstructured E1 (G.703) Support
Data Support WIC Mode
Voice Support VIC*
Serial Data (channel-group*)
2 per port
Voice CAS (ds0-group**)
24 total (T1)
31 total (E1)
1 per timeslot
1 per port
Drop & Insert (tdm-group****)
24 total (T1)
31 total (E1)
1 per timeslot
Network Management Features
Telnet or Console
Remote and local configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting from Cisco IOS Software CLI
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
• Router and DSU/CSU managed by single SNMP agent; router, DSU, and CSU appear as a single network entity to user
Generated in response to alarms
- Shipping & Payment
Cargo will be delivered within 1 day after payment arrived. Tracking Number will be offered once delivery done.
Delivery Options Estimated Delivery Time DHL 2-4 business days Fedex 2-4 business days Hong Kong EMS 5-10 business days Hong Kong Air Parcel 10-20 business days By Sea 10-20 business days
Above mentioned information are just for your reference only,we will keep you posted for the tracking delivery schedule.There are two delivery options available for by air and by sea:
Deliver to port:
Router-switch.com is responsible for transporting goods to port. All subsequent customs and transportation fees are the
responsibility of the buyer. Router-switch will recommend trustworthy local freight forwarders to you.Router-switch.com can facilitate the progress under buyer's permission and at buyer's expense.
Deliver to door:
Router-switch.com will quote all destination charge prior once we have confirmed order.
Router-switch.com is responsible for transporting goods to door after you have made the payment.
Paypal Master Card Visa Discover American
JCB Wire Transfer eCheck WestUnion
100% Low Price Guarantee:
Router-switch.com provides high-quality products at low wholesale prices
100% Quality Assurance:
All items are ORIGINAL and GENUINE only.
Item conditions are "New Sealed" or "Used / Refurbished".
Used & refurbished items are fully tested with good conditions by Cisco-certified Engineers.
Free CCIE Technical Support:
Our FREE Cisco CCIE Expert Consultancy Support is over the phone, by chat, by email or by login remotely.
100% Money Back Guarantee:
You can contact our customer service team to exchange or return any product that you bought from us.
Flexible Secure Payment & Shipment:
Verified authorization: Mcafee Secure, VeriSign Secured
Return Material Authorization (RMA) Process
Standard Hardware Warranty Policy:
Original new sealed Cisco product: 1 Year
Used Cisco product: 3 Month
The Support Contacts:
If your Cisco products failed, you must contact your sales representative to verify product failure. If the problem still can't correct by remote support methods i.e. email or phone support, the RMA procedure will issue.