Why Pre-configure Your Equipment?
- Router-switch.com provides properly designed, installed, and administered structured cabling solutions that will allow you to
- Reduce Costs
- Increase Flexibility
- Minimize Downtime
- Future-Proof your Network
- Improve Performance
- Simplify Troubleshooting
Structured Cabling Solutions
Structured Cabling Solutions
- Cabling solutions can vary substantially, depending on the size and type of building, the number of ports as well as the type of cabling required.
- We have a proven track record in the design and specification of a range of cabling solutions. Our approach is to undertake all aspects of a structured cabling implementation from initial design, through project managed installation, testing, and validation.
- Our Cat 5e or Cat 6 solutions meet TIA standards, are 100% tested, and carry a 25-year warranty.
- We have independently verified data communication structured cabling solutions, providing ultimate performance and reliability for today and tomorrow's copper infrastructure requirements.
- All implementations are managed by our accredited engineers.
Conventional Cabling Solutions
- Conventional cabling complements the deployment of optical solutions deeper into the network, delivering a future-proof backbone of single-mode and multi-mode installations.
- Fiber optic, single-mode, or multi-mode is typically used for vertical cabling applications or inter-building links.
- Fiber optic solutions may also be implemented to overcome specific security concerns.
Intelligent Infrastructure Management Solution
- Our intelligent infrastructure provides full asset management for each and every device connected to a network.
- Using a combination of web-based software and intelligent hardware, it allows for an unprecedented level of network visibility, connections, and physical location.
- This service brings the physical network layer into a single database streamlining documentation, and reducing operational costs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Should I install category 5e or category 6?
- A. As in most cases in our technology driven world, we are always promised that faster is better. However, category 5e will in the vast majority of cases be perfectly acceptable to most business needs. Correctly installed systems will guarantee a throughput of 100Mbps backed by manufacturer's warranties. In some cases throughput of 1000Mbps will be achieved. It is therefore imperative to understand your business requirement before making a decision. Category 6, if correctly installed and backed by warranty will guarantee 1000Mbps.
- Q. When and why should I have fibre optic cable installed?
- A. Copper structured cabling solutions are designed to work up to 100metres in length which includes all fly and patch leads. Going outside of these set lengths can lead to degradation in data rates, and in extreme cases can flood the network with retries causing slow network speeds. Multimodefibre solutions are better designed to work up to 2 Km in length. In a nutshell, the design and structure of the site will normally dictate the type of cable to be run.
- Q. What should I receive at the end of an installation?
- A. All installations are accompanied by a complete set of test results for every cable. It is also helpful to have floor plans marked to show outlet positions.
- Q. Why are test results important to me?
- A. Test results will show the "state" of the cable at time of installation, should there be a problem with any outlet in the future these test results allow a base line audit to take place.
- Q. Should my cable system be documented?
- A. There are no laid down rules for documentation, however, larger installations gain enormous benefits from having full installation plans, cabinet layouts and patching charts. At the very minimum a schematic diagram should be available in the event of network additions or for maintenance purposes.