Why Pre-configure Your Equipment?
Minimize DOA issues, ensuring your resources are not tied-up waiting for system issues to be fixed before solution implementation.
Focus on implementation of the overall solution rather than integration and testing of systems. Add extra capacity at times when resources are stretched or unavailable and extra skills where there is a gap. The Configuration Center builds your solution in our state-of-the-art, ISO 9001:2000 certified; electrostatic discharge (ESD) controlled department.
Example of a Typical Cisco Configuration
- Cisco 6500 chassis-based switch configuration
- Load customer-preferred IOS.
- Pre-install all line cards, power on and test.
- Install memory upgrades.
- Verify supervisor module.
- If required pre-load customer configuration.
- Final check, inventory and test log.
Hardware Configuration, Software Upgrades and Installation:
- Including desktops, servers, Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Cisco memory, hard drives, Cisco network cards, Cisco wireless cards, video cards and other peripherals
- Server hardware build
- Standard O/S and business software load
- Bespoke software setup or image deployment
- Firmware installation
- Blade hardware build and enclosure integration
- Rack integration (i.e. PSUs, server install, KVMs, etc)
- HP EVA integration
- Project staging and rollout
- Asset tagging
- Order for over 500 CISCO877-K9 all needing DRAM, FLASH and IOS upgrades
- Agreed on configuration requirements.
- Configured, tested and made ready for deployment, 50 routers per day, with all test logs recorded and verified.
- Upon the completion of stage and test, these were securely stored in the warehouse allocated to the sales order, ready for deployment.
- Customer also ordered a couple of extra cables, which we put inside each of the boxes for them.
- Customer was very satisfied.