Modularity Features and Benefits:
Cisco Services Performance Engine (SPE)
• The Cisco 3900 Series offers field-replaceable SPEs.
• These SPEs allow you to protect your initial investment in the Cisco 3900 platform for a longer time period and scale router performance as your network and branch-office needs grow.
Cisco Services Module
• A service-module slot replaces the network module and the extension module for voice and fax (EVM) slots and is offered on Cisco 3900 Integrated Services Routers.
• Each service-module slot offers high data-throughput capability:
• Up to 4-Gbps aggregate toward the router processor.
• Up to 2-Gbps aggregate to other module slots over the MGF.
• Service-module slots are highly flexible, with support for doublewide service modules, which are service modules that require two service-module slots. Doublewide service modules provide flexibility for higher-density modules.
• Service-module slots provide twice the power capabilities relative to the network-module slots, allowing flexibility for higher-scale and better-performance modules.
• An adapter module enables backward compatibility with existing network modules, enhanced network modules (NMEs), and EVMs.
• You can manage power to service-module slots by extensions similar to the Cisco EnergyWise framework, so your organization can reduce energy consumption in your network infrastructure. Full Cisco EnergyWise support will be available in future software releases.
Cisco Enhanced High Speed WAN Interface Card (EHWIC)
• The EHWIC slot replaces the high-speed WAN interface card (HWIC) slot and can natively support HWICs, WAN interface cards (WICs), voice interface cards (VICs), and voice/WAN interface cards (VWICs).
• Three integrated EHWIC slots on the Cisco 3945E and Cisco 3925E or four integrated EHWIC slots on the Cisco 3945 and Cisco 3925 allow for flexible configurations.
• Each HWIC slot offers high-data-throughput capability:
• Up to 1.6-Gbps aggregate toward the router processor.
• Up to 2-Gbps aggregate to other module slots over the MGF.
• Flexibility to support doublewide modules is enabled by combining two EHWIC slots. Up to 2 doublewide HWIC (HWIC-D) modules are supported.
Cisco High-Density Packet Voice Digital Signal Processor (DSP) Module (PVDM3) Slots on Motherboard
• PVDM3 slots natively support PVDM3 modules, providing support for richer density for rich-media voice and video.
• Each PVDM3 slot connects back to the system architecture through a 2-Gbps aggregate link through the MGF.
• Investment protection for PVDM2 modules is supported through an adapter module.
• You can manage power to the PVDM slots by extensions similar to the Cisco EnergyWise framework, so your organization can reduce energy consumption in your network infrastructure. Full Cisco EnergyWise support will be available in future software releases.
Cisco 3925 Integrated Services Routers (ISR) CISCO3925/K9 belongs to the Cisco ISR G2 routers Cisco 3900 Series what offers embedded hardware encryption acceleration, voice- and video-capable DSP slots, optional firewall, intrusion prevention, call processing, voicemail, and application services, in addition of supporting the industry's widest range of wired and wireless connectivity options such as T1/E1, T3/E3, xDSL, copper, and fiber Gigabit Ethernet. New or refurbished CISCO3925/K9 would either have high-performance for flexible network deployments from small business offices to large enterprise offices.
By default, original new CISCO3925/K9 offers C3900-SPE100/K9 which can be replaced to protect your initial investment in the Cisco 3900 platform for a longer time period and scale router performance as your network and branch-office needs grow. Furthermore, 3 onboard GE, 4 EHWIC slots, 4 DSP slots, 1 ISM slot, 2 SM slots, 256MB CF default, 1 GB DRAM default, IP Base would also be read in CISCO3925/K9 ordering information.
|Manufacturer||Cisco Systems, Inc|
|Manufacturer Part Number||CISCO3925/K9|
|Form Factor||Desktop - modular - 3U|
|Data Link Protocol||Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet|
|Capacity||Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express sessions : 250
Cisco Unified SRST sessions : 730
|Network / Transport Protocol||IPSec, PPPoE, L2TPv3|
|Routing Protocol||OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, EIGRP, DVMRP, PIM-SM, IGMPv3, GRE, PIM-SSM, static IPv4 routing, static IPv6 routing, policy-based routing (PBR)|
|Remote Management Protocol||SNMP, RMON|
|Features||Firewall protection, VPN support, MPLS support, Syslog support, content filtering, IPv6 support, Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ), Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED), Quality of Service (QoS), Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN)|
|Compliant Standards||IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1ah, IEEE 802.1ag|
|DRAM Memory||1 GB (installed) / 2 GB (max)|
|Flash Memory||256 MB (installed) / 8 GB (max)|
|LED Status Lights Indicators||Link activity, power|
|Router Interfaces||3 x 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T - RJ-45
Management : 1 x console - RJ-45
Management : 1 x console - mini-USB Type B
Serial : 1 x auxiliary - RJ-45
Hi-Speed USB : 2 x 4 PIN USB Type A
2 x SFP (mini-GBIC)
|Expansion Slots Total (Free)||4 ( 4 ) x EHWIC
4 ( 4 ) x PVDM
2 ( 1 ) x CompactFlash Card
1 ( 1 ) x Expansion Slot
2 ( 2 ) x service module (SM)
|Power Device||Power supply - internal|
|Voltage Required||AC 120/230 V ( 47/63 Hz )|
|Dimensions / Weight / Miscellaneous|
|Compliant Standards||CISPR 22 Class A, CISPR 24, EN55024, EN55022 Class A, EN50082-1, AS/NZS 60950-1, AS/NZ 3548 Class A, CAN/CSA-E60065-00, ICES-003 Class A, CS-03, FCC CFR47 Part 15, EN300-386, UL 60950-1, IEC 60950-1, EN 60950-1, CSA C22.2 No. 60065, BSMI CNS 13438|
|IOS Software Included||Cisco IOS IP Base|
|The following is a list of delivery options and estimated delivery time which Router-switch.com offers:|
|Delivery Options||Estimated Delivery Time|
|DHL||2-4 business days|
|Fedex||2-4 business days|
|HongKong EMS||5-10 business days|
|HongKong Air Parcel||10-20 business days|
|By sea||10-20 business days|
By Pamela October 25, 2013
Very good and reliable router, the support for most users is probably a must. We have a couple of these routers which we use for people to VPN in and also use it as a firewall as our Internet connection comes in on it.
By Mike September 27, 2013
The Cisco 3925, a hot item of Cisco 3900 series, is very right for today’s branch offices. Thanks for the free technical help before purchasing.
By Amberlee August 2, 2013
is it possible to change the SPE of a 3925 (SPE100) to an E series SPE 3925E (SPE200)? I want to keep the chassis but want to turn the router into a 3925E.
By Guest September 8, 2010
Thank you, I receive the router today, only 2 days..very fast shipping.
Router-Switch.com has been dedicated to supplying large collections of cisco routers for your home or office networking. Shopping CISCO3925/K9 router with high quality, quick shipping and free CCIE Support from our Cisco experts!
Find step-by-step tech guides to configure Cisco 3925 Router w/SPE100(3GE,4EHWIC,4DSP,2SM,256MBCF,1GBDRAM,IPB) for your needs.
Get a quote for CISCO3925/K9 by email: email@example.com, and start enjoying the professional sales service for solving the switch troubleshooting.
Q: My customer has a standard configuration for CISCO3925/k9 routers but has CISCO3945/K9 routers available from a cancelled project. Can they just copy the 3925 configuration file onto the 3945 router and it provide the functionality of the 3925?
A: If the two routers have same IOS (including license) and identical hardware, answer is likely yes. Or, maybe only some minor editing will be required (for example if interface numbering differs).
Q: We have a 3925e router running IOS 15.1(4)M6. One of its current WAN connections is 1000BaseT. We want to migrate it to 1000BaseF. We have the GBIC (GLC-SX-MM) and I know I can just drop it in there.
A: I think you are looking for the "media-type rj45" command in interface-mode. Later you change to "media-type sfp" when you are ready to switch links.