Serial and asynchronous modules provide highly flexible connections for Cisco1800, 1900, 2800, 2900, 3800, and 3900 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISRs). These modules help customers enable applications such as WAN aggregation, transport for traditional protocols, console servers, and dial access servers. Customers can mix and match modules to tailor cost-effective solutions for common networking problems such as remote network management, external dial-modem access, low-density WAN aggregation, transport for traditional protocols, and high-port-density support.Cisco offers the following serial and asynchronous modules:
• Cisco 4-Port Serial High-Speed WAN Interface Card (HWIC-4T): Four high-speed serial ports
• Cisco 4-Port Asynchronous/Synchronous High-Speed WAN Interface Card (HWIC-4A/S): Four low-speed synchronous/asynchronous ports
• Cisco 8-Port Asynchronous/Synchronous High-Speed WAN Interface Card (HWIC-8A/S-232): Eight low-speed synchronous/asynchronous ports, EIA-232 only
• Cisco 8-Port Asynchronous High-Speed WAN Interface Card (HWIC-8A): Eight asynchronous EIA-232 ports
• Cisco 16-Port Asynchronous High-Speed WAN Interface Card (HWIC-16A): Sixteen asynchronous EIA-232 ports
• Cisco 32-Port Asynchronous Serial Service Module (SM-32A): Thirty-two asynchronous EIA-232 ports
8-Port Async HWIC
The HWIC-8A provides 8 ports of async interfaces. Each port can operate at speeds up to 230.4 kbps. The HWIC-8A uses new high density 8-port cables.
Wide Area Network
8 x RS-232 Asynchronous Serial WAN
Media & Performance
High-density 8-port connector
Data Transfer Rate:
230.40 Kbps Maximum Asynchronous Serial Per Port
Management & Protocols
X.25, TCP/IP, SDLC
32°F (0°C) to 104°F (40°C) Operating
-4°F (-20°C) to 149°F (65°C) Storage
10% to 90% Non-condensing Relative Humidity
0.8" Height x 3.1" Width x 5.6" Depth
· The HWIC-8A uses 8-port cables with a high-density 60-pin connector on the HWIC side, and 8 RJ-45 plugs on the other end
· The RJ-45 plugs can connect directly to the console ports of Cisco routers and switches, or to other equipment by using RJ-45 to DB-25 adapters
· DCN (Data Communications Network)
· Lead Manipulation
· Network Clock Synchronization
· Systems Network Architecture (SNA)
Certifications & Standards:
· UL 1950 (United States)
· CSA-C22.2 #950 (Canada)
· EN60950 (Europe)
· TUV GS (Germany)
· IEC 950 (International)
· FCC Part 15 Class A
· ICES-003 Class A
· EN55022 Class A
· CISPR22 Class A
· AS/NZS 3548 Class A
· VCCI Class A
· EN 300386
- Shipping & Payment
Cargo will be delivered within 1 day after payment arrived. Tracking Number will be offered once delivery done.
Delivery Options Estimated Delivery Time DHL 2-4 business days Fedex 2-4 business days Hong Kong EMS 5-10 business days Hong Kong Air Parcel 10-20 business days By Sea 10-20 business days
Above mentioned information are just for your reference only,we will keep you posted for the tracking delivery schedule.There are two delivery options available for by air and by sea:
Deliver to port:
Router-switch.com is responsible for transporting goods to port. All subsequent customs and transportation fees are the
responsibility of the buyer. Router-switch will recommend trustworthy local freight forwarders to you.Router-switch.com can facilitate the progress under buyer's permission and at buyer's expense.
Deliver to door:
Router-switch.com will quote all destination charge prior once we have confirmed order.
Router-switch.com is responsible for transporting goods to door after you have made the payment.
Paypal Master Card Visa Discover American
JCB Wire Transfer eCheck WestUnion
100% Low Price Guarantee:
Router-switch.com provides high-quality products at low wholesale prices
100% Quality Assurance:
All items are ORIGINAL and GENUINE only.
Item conditions are "New Sealed" or "Used / Refurbished".
Used & refurbished items are fully tested with good conditions by Cisco-certified Engineers.
Free CCIE Technical Support:
Our FREE Cisco CCIE Expert Consultancy Support is over the phone, by chat, by email or by login remotely.
100% Money Back Guarantee:
You can contact our customer service team to exchange or return any product that you bought from us.
Flexible Secure Payment & Shipment:
Verified authorization: Mcafee Secure, VeriSign Secured
Return Material Authorization (RMA) Process
Standard Hardware Warranty Policy:
Original new sealed Cisco product: 1 Year
Used Cisco product: 3 Month
The Support Contacts:
If your Cisco products failed, you must contact your sales representative to verify product failure. If the problem still can't correct by remote support methods i.e. email or phone support, the RMA procedure will issue.